OS X crashing suddenly

R

rda

I'm on Tiger 10.4.8 on an Intel iMac. Suddenly, I'm getting a frequent black box in four languages saying "OS X has quit, you have to restart your machine". Anybody seen this? Any ideas how to troubleshoot or prevent?

Thanks,

rda

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Sound like you have a kernel panic. What was the last thing you did before you started having the problem (.i.e load software, install new hardware)?

OP
R

rda

Happens when I'm away

It's actually happening when I'm away from the computer. I rarely if ever shut down. It just happened again and I was gone for two hours. Came back to the same black box. I haven't loaded any new apps recently so I'm stumped. I cleaned out my cache as was suggested on another post but clearly that wasn't it. I'm always on the latest rev of OSX so I'm stumped. Lastthing I did was add another USB hard drive but I started getting these messages before that.

rman said:
Sound like you have a kernel panic. What was the last thing you did before you started having the problem (.i.e load software, install new hardware)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.