External HD issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
Ok, so I drug out the old external HDD last night, so i could dump some movies off of my MBP. The problem is that, whenever i mount the drive, and start moving files over, i get a "device removal error, even though the USB has a tight connection. any ideas??

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bump...anyone please??

Reaction score
sixslinger said:
bump...anyone please??

I wonder if your ext has a firewire port? You could try that instead. I looked around google but couldn't find much to help you with other than the incorrect removal of devices, but that's not the case here. But then maybe my googling isn't as good as others...

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the response...i googled around too but couldnt find anything either....my ext has only usb, no firewire.....maybe a different enclosure?? would that make a difference?

Reaction score
sixslinger said:
thanks for the response...i googled around too but couldnt find anything either....my ext has only usb, no firewire.....maybe a different enclosure?? would that make a difference?

I read somewhere that the ideal enclosure has both firewire/usb and an independant power supply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.