Gaming switch from PC to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16Ghz, 1gigRAM, NVIDIA 7300GT___MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz, 2gigRAM, ATi X1600 256mb
When I first bought my PC, I was happy with its specs. Then I bought BF2.....and salivated for more!

I then upgraded to a X800GTO 16 256 video card, 2 Gigs of Ram over a 3.4 Ghz processor and a 19" LCD and really LOVED playing BF2 in all its glory.

After months of playing I was doing research on buying a Mac, and was kinda scared of leaving my gaming ability behind..

Finally 2 weeks ago I made the plunge and purchased a 24"iMac
DSCN4975-1.jpg

I was worried that I wouldnt be able to play BF2 or beyond once i sold my PC.

I was wrong. I intalled Bootcamp and am Running XP.

with a 2.16Ghz Core2Duo a Gig of Ram and a Nvidia 7300GT

BF2 runs amazing!!! No slow down at full video options.

This is not even the most powerful Mac.....so I know many will be able to handle it.

The 24" even has the ablitliy to upgrade RAM and maybe the Video Card one day!!.

I love my new Mac..

-Marshall

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Reaction score
Sometimes games get fussy about the resolution though, at least on Mac Games (i.e. made for mac).
I always have to console-mod something to make it accept widescreen res, or I get ugly black letterboxing on the right and left.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.