Blank Libary

Reaction score
ok so I tried a search but couldnt find the answer and I only have 2 hours before I have to leave for the airport and need to sort my pod out with some updated tunes quick!!

Right I had my pod hooked up to my old windows laptop, and had all my songs on itunes on there. I have since bought a Mac and sold my laptop to the folks and completley forgot about my itunes songs being on there and when they asked if they could wipe it and restore it I said go ahead, when I realised it was to late. Never mind I thought, I figured I could import the songs from my pod to my new empty libary on my new mac.

I am connecting my pod to my mac and i am getting a message in Itunes saying there is an update available for my ipod (so at this point its recognising it) but then it states there is only a restore available to factory setting which I so far have not done as dont want to wipe all my songs still currently on my pod. when I select cancel my pod is not being recognised on the left hand side of itunes so even if is not possible to import existing songs from my pod to itunes, i can not even upload new CD's to tunes and then update my pod as its not recognising its connected.

Can anyone help?

OP
V
Reaction score
ok so its showing the pod, but when I have bought 3 songs from itunes, and tried to put them on the pod it states this is not allowed as they are not authorised to ''play on this computer''

HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.