How to get rid of this message on mac MSN

Reaction score
When ever I start a conversation with someone this message is always in my comment box:
Never give out your password or credit card number in an instant message conversation. To help prevent infection by a computer virus or worm, never accept or open any file or link in an instant message until you verify its authenticity with the sender.

I know there is a way to get rid of it, but I can't figure it out!

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i found that when i used it. but now i use aMSN and works just as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
that message only appears at the start of convos. As soon as you've both typed a couple of lines it'll have been pushed out of the window.

It's just a security thing they've put in - probably some legal thing they had to include since so many kids use it.
I don't think there's a way to get rid of it, and I really don't think it's a problem. As far as I know it isn't saved in convo records, and it isn't on the screen for very long anyway.

Adium and aMSN work just fine for MSN convos - I'm pretty sure adium doesn't display that message and aMSN probably wouldn't either.

Unless you only have 3 line convos in MSN, there's no real reason to let it bother you, but as far as I know, you can't get rid of it for mac. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.