Compressed Back-up w/ SuperDuper???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have superduper... I would like to back-up my HD... currently I am using about 100GB of space... BUT, about 60GB of that is Music and a a few videos, which I really don't need to back-up because I have them on CD's/DVD's...

My question is, can I compress either the whole 100GB, or 40GB down to under 18GB to store on my "20GB" ipod using SuperDuper? If so how?

TIA

Reaction score
If you compress it, you won't be able to view the files on the iPod, as iPod can't handle decompression and all.

If you just want to use the iPod as a disk, go ahead, but you'll need something like Stuffit Deluxe 10 to get decent compression results. 40GB to 18 GB sounds a bit harsh to me.

BTW: why don't you add the answer line "Duh, that's only 2 kind of people, you moron!" to your sig :-D ?

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
yogi said:
If you compress it, you won't be able to view the files on the iPod, as iPod can't handle decompression and all.

If you just want to use the iPod as a disk, go ahead, but you'll need something like Stuffit Deluxe 10 to get decent compression results. 40GB to 18 GB sounds a bit harsh to me.

BTW: why don't you add the answer line "Duh, that's only 2 kind of people, you moron!" to your sig :-D ?

Thanks for the reply... I don't mind compressing it w/ stuffit. Thanks for the help. When I start to backup w/ SD! it reads " *** of 567,345 files copied)... Eek! That's a lot of files! Am I missing something? Is this what everyone is doing to back-up? TIA

*So you are 1 of 10 (binary) types :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.