I-Photo & Photoshop Elements

Reaction score
I am really getting into digital photos and so far I am using Apples I-Photo but I also have a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 that came with my scanner, which I notice I have more touch up options than I do with I-Photo but my camera downloads to I-photos. I am new to this so if the experts can help I would greatly appreciate it. One problem I am having my pictures do not print correctly from Photo Shop My 4x6 prints would print the opposite way. What am I doing wrong. Or is Photo shop just a photo editor and I print my prints from I-Photo? And what is the deference between Adobe Photoshop & Apples Aperture?

Reaction score
When you say your prints come out the opposite way do you mean portrait v. landscape and vice versa? It's easy to fix this you just need to choose the orientation of your photo and paper to make sure they match just before you print. It's usually in the print dialogue box that comes up.

Adobe Photoshop is a photo editor and Aperture has more to do with workflow and Raw files etc. iPhoto has some editing capacity but Photoshop is much more powerful. You can also set iPhoto to open Photoshop as the default editor.

OP
K
Reaction score
When you say your prints come out the opposite way do you mean portrait v. landscape

Yes It dose not give me an option but I will check again.

Reaction score
kmaultsby said:
When you say your prints come out the opposite way do you mean portrait v. landscape

Yes It dose not give me an option but I will check again.

The Portrait/Landscape settings are controlled from within your printers prefs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I would recommend Photoshop Elements, but if you are going to learn it, you might want to spend the money to upgrade to the current version, Version 4. LOTS of wonderful new tools have shown up between the Version 2 that you have and the current version. Well worth the money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.