Help !!!! My poor MacBook !!!! =[

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
hey guys, i recently got a brand new macbook and i invested on the invisible shield. i thought it would be a good investment, but when i bought it and installed it, it wasn't a perfect fit as it was claimed, so i e-mailed them about it and good enough they sent me a replacement. but when i took of the original invisible shielf off my macbook it left this glue like residue. does anybody have any tips how to remove this residue. would the magic eraser work ?

S

sursuciofla

Lighter fluid...maybe alcohol. I don't think it would strip the finish but maybe I am wrong. I know people use this stuff to get tacky stuff off their car. Used it on my car so I think it is pretty save bet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
i wouldnt recommend alcohol. that seems way to harsh, and if you look around at people doing color changes to their macbooks/ibooks, they are using alcohol, so wouldnt try it.

i would definitly try the magic eraser though. ive used that stuff on my macbook and previous ibook, and it works wonders. good luck. let us know if it works or not.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2GHZ Intel Core Duo, 60GB HD, 2GB DDRAM
nope, i tried the magic eraser (the dual sided one!) and no luck, it's alot like the residue from bumper stickers. the residue is still there!

>=[ so yeah note to all you people, get the invisible shield, if your planning to leave it on for good...

Reaction score
removing glue with WD-40

Use WD-40 on a microfiber cloth.

I've done years and years of auto detailing and WD-40 is a simple oil that will take most adhesives off.

Definitely worth a shot

Reaction score
stevescivic said:
Use WD-40 on a microfiber cloth.

I've done years and years of auto detailing and WD-40 is a simple oil that will take most adhesives off.

Definitely worth a shot

WD-40's awesome! I used it to clean my vinyl floor which had newsprint ink stains...worked a treat.

Rule of thumb....test whatever you use on a part of your MacBook where it'll be less noticeable if the worse happens....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.