Volume Issue

J

Jmak89

Hey everyone what's up ...new to the forums and new to apple for the last 3 months...love this machine. Anyway, as of lately, my volume doesn't stay on mute after shutdown. I do this sometimes because i use my computer in class and I don't like to interupt when I turn it on. I used to be able to mute the sound and when the computer turns on, the sound isn't there...but now it magically seemed to reset itself everytime i turn the computer on...

I know this is sorta stupid but anyone know why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You could try resetting the PRAM, sometimes that seems to help some.
A better solution would be to just put the notebook to sleep. There is really no need to constantly shut down your Mac.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo w/ 2GB RAM (White)
Alternative solution

You could also try using Psst. It turns off (or turns down) the startup sound. I use it and it works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I've been having similar problems with my Macbook Volume. Seems to happen after the most recent update. And my fan comes on a lot now, but I guess I prefer it over being hot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.