New User

L

lnetubaplyr

Hello! After using a 600mhz G3 ibook at school for a few weeks, i sold off my toshiba laptop and just purchased the 12 800mhz G4 ibook. I got it b/c i was looking at the 12.1inch sony and thought the mac looked better. My question is, (i know it might be hard to) compare the 800 mhz G4 to a 3.0 Ghz P4 (i have an alienware desktop). I'm sure it will be faster than my laptop (1.5 ghz celron) but i'm just wondering if i will notice a huge difference from either my desktop or my old laptop.

I know this is 2 questions but, how hard is to to transfer files over a network from mac to nt? i'm a CCNA and they don't teach you much about cross platforms, if anyone can tell me this is basically what i want to do, beable to transfer files from the mac to pc and visa versa and share a printer (on the pc). Please tell me if this is possible and either the how to, or a website with one if possible

Thanks in advance,
Rob

OP
P

PowerbookG417

you will notice a big difference with the ibook to your old laptop...i have a 1gig powerbook and 1.8gig amd pc and the mac out perfoms circles around the PC, just the way the os runs so smoothly keeps the processor work low.
as fas the networking...get access files from the pc to the mac...thats a lil tricky..i still havent got it myself..but for the mac to pc its like cutting pie...easy as can be..just do a apple + K from the finder or Go ---> connect to server
up will pop up the other computer and press connect..as easy as that...but the other way is a lil more ..i know you can get an application that will make it easy but im not sure of the name off the top of my head...im sure someone will add in here for me

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

Hey thanks for the reply, begining to think that no one saw the post. I'm supposed to be getting the ibook on thursday and i'm ready for it!
Thanks again

Rob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.