any rock producers out there?

G

gtbassist4077

i play bass in a band and its my job to produce the music. does anybody else here produce rock music? if you do what equipment do you use?

i use presonus firepod + imac g5 and roland moniters. i forgot what kind of mic we use, my friend owns it so its not here right now. :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Im doing A Level music technology which mainly covers the process of recording bands in both a live enviroment and in overdubbed sessions

If i can be of any help shoot me a PM ne time and ill see what i can do :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 2GB RAM, 5G iPod 30GB
Just got a Firepod to go with my 2GB RAM equipped MacBook running Logic Express. We've also got ourselves a cheap set of drum mics and an SM58 plus 2 SM57s. Just starting to plan the recording and producing of my bands EP now, pretty much the biggest thing I've undertaken audio wise, so I'm sure to make plenty of mistakes during the learning process. Looking forward to it big time though :)

Reaction score
yeah im at uni doing my hnd in music performance. (dont ask i did btec music tech) i have done 4albums for a functions band. an E.P for a local rock band and 3 songs for a solo pop lady.

i use pro tools but all my stuff has been done on a pc so far. be using my mac next time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD Dual 1GHZ 1.25gb RAM, G4 PowerBook 1.67GHZ, 2gb RAM
I have done basic recordings of my own band in the past with various equipment. Man, I can still remember a few years ago, we were using M-Audio MobilePre USB interface, cheap drum mics, and garage band. pretty limiting, but now we've stepped up to an Alesis Multimix 16 firewire mixer/interface and Cubase LE. I'm not satisfied with the performance of either, so i'm selling the mixer in favor of Digital Performer 5 and a MOTU interface. (Probably the 8Pre).

my how things progress. both in quality and in price!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook, 1.33GHz, 512MB, OS 10.3.9
ive been thinking about upgrading to a firepod from an mbox. is 512MB of ram enough for this? also, i have never worked with cubase before, only protools, how is it in comparison? im sure i will pick up on it quick, just curious to see its advantages/disadvantages. anyone have any sounds clips to post using a firepod with cubase?

Reaction score
jaypaul said:
ive been thinking about upgrading to a firepod from an mbox. is 512MB of ram enough for this? also, i have never worked with cubase before, only protools, how is it in comparison? im sure i will pick up on it quick, just curious to see its advantages/disadvantages. anyone have any sounds clips to post using a firepod with cubase?

one thing to say. cubase sucks for audio! end of. its a midi program with audio capabilities. sure people do use cubase. but thats because they havent got the means or cash to get pro tools. your talking of a major downgrade. stick with pro tools. if your into midi cubase is better than pro tools but it is NOT an audio program.

mid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD Dual 1GHZ 1.25gb RAM, G4 PowerBook 1.67GHZ, 2gb RAM
middi said:
one thing to say. cubase sucks for audio! end of. its a midi program with audio capabilities. sure people do use cubase. but thats because they havent got the means or cash to get pro tools. your talking of a major downgrade. stick with pro tools. if your into midi cubase is better than pro tools but it is NOT an audio program.

mid

agreed. I've heard that Digital Performer and Pro tools are the most widely used.

I've never used Pro Tools, but i just got Digital Performer is very intuitive and easy to get the hang of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.