A program that will mount a drive from an FTP connection

B

bduenskie

I'm a website designer and I'm switching over from a PC after 10 years. I've been using webdrive:

http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/index.html

It allows me to connect to an FTP server and creates a drive letter in windows. So basically any text editor I use I can edit directly on the server.

Are there any MAC alternatives? I don't mind purchasing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Well... this is almost what you are looking for. I use a File Manager called PathFinder, which is hugely more capable than Finder itself. It supports connecting to an FTP server seamlessly, presenting the contents of the server directory just like any other folder on the Mac. You use its Go, Connect To Server dialog to establish the ftp session, typing in an address like:

ftp://ftp-server-name

It will then prompt you for your userid and password and assuming these are right. log you in. You can then do things like right clicking on any file on the server and opening it in your favorite program, or achieve the same result by dragging the file onto the dock icon for your favorite program and so on. Quite handy at times. It is not a full mount, since it is only known to PathFinder, but it works quite well.

PathFinder is shareware, and is available at www.cocoatech.com.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.