Ipod 4th generation error 1418

Reaction score
So a friend of mine gave me her ipod because she couldn't get it to work for weeks. I feel that her windows computer is ultra slow (perhaps due to a virus or a few) so i brought it to my ibook and when i restore it sometimes it works but then corrupts when ejected or just simply does not restore and presents the error 1418. What's the deal/where can i go from here? Thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
Not sure I quite understand the issue. What exactly are you doing and what exactly is happening? Have you tried restoring the ipod? This will usually fix most of the problems.

OP
I
Reaction score
djlee12 said:
Not sure I quite understand the issue. What exactly are you doing and what exactly is happening? Have you tried restoring the ipod? This will usually fix most of the problems.
when i click restore in itunes 7 it says that it cannot complete the restoration because the iPod is corrupted and it gives the error number.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Put it in disk mode, then run disk utility in your applications/utilities folder. First run the verify disk function first to see if it finds anything wrong. Whether it does or not, next run the erase function, then run the restore function from iTunes on it again and see if that fixes it, if not do it again but run the partition function and have it delete the partition first, then recreate it, then erase it again, then try the restore. I have seen some stubborn iPod disk models respond to this scenario. That error and behavior indicates a hard-disk problem in the iPod.

M

macdaddy007

Ummmmm.....

How exactly do you run disk utility in the applications/utilities folder???I don't understand...:-(.

rcltrh said:
Put it in disk mode, then run disk utility in your applications/utilities folder. First run the verify disk function first to see if it finds anything wrong. Whether it does or not, next run the erase function, then run the restore function from iTunes on it again and see if that fixes it, if not do it again but run the partition function and have it delete the partition first, then recreate it, then erase it again, then try the restore. I have seen some stubborn iPod disk models respond to this scenario. That error and behavior indicates a hard-disk problem in the iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.