Publishing Ical?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to publish my calender on my private server.

I've had an attempt, but it didn't work. Do I need to set up a webpage for it first?

And what is the user name and password - do I make them up or are they the info for my server?

Thanks guys

Reaction score
Small giraffe said:
Hi all,

I'd like to publish my calender on my private server.

I've had an attempt, but it didn't work. Do I need to set up a webpage for it first?

And what is the user name and password - do I make them up or are they the info for my server?

Thanks guys

I am not familiar with iCal and it's publishing capabilities but if you have your own server I would imagine that you would need a website to upload your file to.

In my case I have 20mb allocated to me by my ISP and the username and password are the same as for my account. Hope this is a help for you. :dive:

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi - thanks

I do have my own website, I'm just wondering do I need to make a seperate html page for it?? As it doesn't work when I put the site details in.

Reaction score
I'm going on my experiences here....I need to add the content to the webpage, save it to my hard drive, then hit the publish button and it's done in seconds. The webcreating software I use is RapidWeaver and it's simple drag'n'drop stuff...

Are you using iWeb, DreamWeaver?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Pulse,

I am using Dreamweaver.

See my post above yours, it wants to put a username in my site address?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Pulse,

No not really as I already have my website online (see here http://www.whiteflower.co.uk) I've created a folder called Calender, and have exported ical to it (not sure if I'm meant to do this but thought it would help?).

Anyway when I go to ical and try to publish it puts the user name in before the site name (see above post) hence why it doesn't publish.

Reaction score
Small giraffe said:
Hi Pulse,

No not really as I already have my website online (see here http://www.whiteflower.co.uk) I've created a folder called Calender, and have exported ical to it (not sure if I'm meant to do this but thought it would help?).

Anyway when I go to ical and try to publish it puts the user name in before the site name (see above post) hence why it doesn't publish.

That's a great website! Why are you having so much trouble when your website is so detailed, proving your prowess with DreamWeaver?

OP
S
Reaction score
Ooh ta!

I dunno - I obv thought I could easily do it with ical?

I did my site ages ago - so hence forgotton how I built it, altho obv. I still maintain it.

Reaction score
Small giraffe said:
Ooh ta!

I dunno - I obv thought I could easily do it with ical?

I did my site ages ago - so hence forgotton how I built it, altho obv. I still maintain it.

I just downloaded a trial version of DreamWeaver 8. I opened it and tried to mess about and my mind nearly exploded. Then again I've only ever used drag'n'drop apps.

Do you have the original site saved to your HD so you can open it up and add content? Is not the original info regarding uploading to your server still in the memory?

What I mean is can't you create a new page for the calendar or just import it to a page where there's room and then upload it....but then you say that the wrong url keeps messing things up.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.