Problems with MAIL please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
I have (at last!) just set myself up to use MAIL.

I have three present email addresses, each for different categories of mail.
The one I use most, NetIdentity, I have used for my first set up and sure enough it has wonderfully imported the inbox from NetIdentity's server, and I can read them fine.
HOWEVER, a few things.
1. It did not import the OUTBOX, DRAFTS or TRASH.

2. I have tried to REPLY to a couple of mails and they will not go. I believe I set it up exactly as instructed.

3. I would like to import my CONTACT list. I have looked at GMail, one of my other servers. They allow one to make aCSV file very easily, but MAIL doesn;t seem to recognize this.

Any suggestions very welcome indeed!

John W

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
Could this be something to do with the port?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
I might add I have realised how crap NetIdentity is at $30 a year. No contact export and generally terrible and unusable new layout.

Reaction score
sleepyjohn said:
1. It did not import the OUTBOX, DRAFTS or TRASH.

I think this is normal that your new mail client only imported the contents of your inbox. This is my experience too. You can always go back to the server webmail and forward any emails to yourself and then they will be downloaded to your desktop Mail client.

2. I have tried to REPLY to a couple of mails and they will not go. I believe I set it up exactly as instructed.

The outgoing server settings are the only thing in my experience that clash with the sending of mail.

3. I would like to import my CONTACT list. I have looked at GMail, one of my other servers. They allow one to make aCSV file very easily, but MAIL doesn;t seem to recognize this.

This was also a big problem to me, once again I forwarded emails from my contacts which were then downloaded into Mail where I was able to add them to my address book, one by one. Online contact lists tend to stay on the server, unless someone can correct me on this.

~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.