Complain Time

Reaction score
Whats with this reputation stuff? A place for people to talk crap about you?

And people here need to lighten up a bit. Just cause some of us are not computer-genious-expert-nerdy-freaks, and can't figure everything out right off the bat, don't jump on our case for it! Especially coming from moderators. That kind of stuff makes people leave to other sites. I really have enjoyed the help from this site, but if this stuff goes on then i'm gunna leave if it keeps goin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
CouesFanatic said:
Whats with this reputation stuff? A place for people to talk crap about you?......Just cause some of us are not computer-genious-expert-nerdy-freaks, and can't figure everything out right off the bat, don't jump on our case for it! Especially coming from moderators. That kind of stuff makes people leave to other sites. I really have enjoyed the help from this site, but if this stuff goes on then i'm gunna leave if it keeps goin.
The User Reputation System is a very helpful tool. It is a way for members to help gague how helpful other members are.
I don't think anyone was "jumping on your case" for anything you might have posted. If you get a negative rep point, you have to accept it the same as a positive. It is just part of the way the system works.
I think we all can benefit from your advice:
CouesFanatic said:
And people here need to lighten up a bit.
Don't get caught up in or discouraged by getting negative rep... we all do from time to time. :black:

OP
C
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
The User Reputation System is a very helpful tool. It is a way for members to help gague how helpful other members are.
I don't think anyone was "jumping on your case" for anything you might have posted. If you get a negative rep point, you have to accept it the same as a positive. It is just part of the way the system works.
I think we all can benefit from your advice:
Don't get caught up in or discouraged by getting negative rep... we all do from time to time. :black:
I guess I understand the program but still think people need to help instead of give critiscism and tell people to "open their eyes". Not all us are on here 24-7. We have lives besides the computer.

Reaction score
CouesFanatic said:

And people here need to lighten up a bit. Just cause some of us are not computer-genious-expert-nerdy-freaks, and can't figure everything out right off the bat, don't jump on our case for it! Especially coming from moderators. That kind of stuff makes people leave to other sites. I really have enjoyed the help from this site, but if this stuff goes on then i'm gunna leave if it keeps goin.

It isn't worth worrying about. These rep points really don't carry any weight at all. Just because someone has 8 or so greenies under their user name means nothing to me but I can promise that if you hang around here long enough learning/sharing then you too could be rolling in greenies!

OP
C
Reaction score
Yeah I agree Pulse. I guess my issue is that sometimes the rep thing may be a way to rip other people instead of an accurate decision on if they can really help. I'm done rambling now.

Reaction score
CouesFanatic said:
Yeah I agree Pulse. I guess my issue is that sometimes the rep thing may be a way to rip other people instead of an accurate decision on if they can really help. I'm done rambling now.

The real purpose of this forum is to learn and share with regards to making the mac experience a positive one.

I am here for this reason alone and I can assure you CouesFanatic that if you view this forum with this outlook you will enjoy the Mac-Forums community as much as I do.....

:headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I can only agree with the others... just take it as it comes and you'll find far more people use the system for good than evil ;)

Besides:
attachment.php

coursefanaticjpg.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
Aptmunich said:
I can only agree with the others... just take it as it comes and you'll find far more people use the system for good than evil ;)

Besides:
attachment.php
lol, did not know that if you hovered over it... rep point!

S

sursuciofla

CouesFanatic said:

I agree, but you will find your fair share of jerks in the real world too, just as in cyberspace. I have gotten plenty of undeserving "red rubies of love" but I embrace them because it is someone's opinion and they are entitled to love me as much as they like. Sometimes with the dot you will get constructive criticism rather than some lame one-word comment. I find cc more productive for a better community. Like I said there are punks and thugs everywhere and the great people here outweigh those people. As far as the mods go I didn't like it at first and I still don't to a certain extent with some of the comments they make, but I know they are doing their job and make for a great community to come to for advice and for the most part not be harrassed by juvenile minds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
My only complaint is that I have to post this message to view my previous ones.

There's nothing on the home or profile page that says - 'view all messages/posts by cameronryan'

Incedentally, I didn't choose that name, some Chinese Apple expert called Ryan did because I was unable to register on this forum with my hotmail and my apple mail accounts.

Other than that, great forum and very helpful.

Regards

Cameron

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
cameronryan said:
My only complaint is that I have to post this message to view my previous ones.

There's nothing on the home or profile page that says - 'view all messages/posts by cameronryan'
Actually, if you click on Quick Links and select My Profile you can see all of your past posts/threads

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.