Why is iWeb site not looking right

Reaction score
I have built a site through iWeb and I published it with .Mac. I was thinking that was the simple way to go and that I would not have any problems. I have two text boxes on the site that are not showing up when I visit the site through Safari. I can go through IE on my PC and see them fine, just not Safari. What would be causing this? I would like to make the website friendly for as many browsers as I can. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You might want to include a link to the site in question.
:black:

OP
G
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
You might want to include a link to the site in question.
:black:

Sorry about that

It is

www.yucaipaswim.org

That boxes that are in question would be titled "Our Sponsors" and "Team News". The site is un-finished and I just trying to get everything too look right before I announce it to the team.

OP
G
Reaction score
OK, so I changed the site around and moved some pictures with links to the other side and tried to put the text in a different place. I visited the site after I hit the publish button and none of the changes are taking affect. Nothing is changing when I publish the site.

Reaction score
greyS60 said:
OK, so I changed the site around and moved some pictures with links to the other side and tried to put the text in a different place. I visited the site after I hit the publish button and none of the changes are taking affect. Nothing is changing when I publish the site.

You could use an FTP to physically (in a virtual sense) remove any uploaded assets that are no longer in use....I use Cyberduck. I connect to the server and look around for unused assets. This may help.

OP
G
Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
You could use an FTP to physically (in a virtual sense) remove any uploaded assets that are no longer in use....I use Cyberduck. I connect to the server and look around for unused assets. This may help.

So, if I use Cyberduck, then I would not use .Mac anymore, right? I am new at this web site thing, so forgive me if this is a simple question.

I am still in the free trial period for .Mac, so leaving it would not be a big deal.

Reaction score
greyS60 said:
So, if I use Cyberduck, then I would not use .Mac anymore, right? I am new at this web site thing, so forgive me if this is a simple question.

I am still in the free trial period for .Mac, so leaving it would not be a big deal.

I'm not totally sure if your .Mac account includes an FTP which is a File Transfer Protocol used for transferring data across the internet. I wouldn't think you'd be doing any wrong. You would still be using your .Mac acct but Cyberduck is just a way to look at what is currently uploaded to the server and will give you the opportunity to delete/download/upload assets.

Once you have downloaded Cyberduck you just need the details from your .Mac acct relevant to your website.

OP
G
Reaction score
Pulse-8 said:
I'm not totally sure if your .Mac account includes an FTP which is a File Transfer Protocol used for transferring data across the internet. I wouldn't think you'd be doing any wrong. You would still be using your .Mac acct but Cyberduck is just a way to look at what is currently uploaded to the server and will give you the opportunity to delete/download/upload assets.

Once you have downloaded Cyberduck you just need the details from your .Mac acct relevant to your website.

I am going to give it a try. If I have Cyberduck, would that allow me to FTP this site from iWeb to another server other than .Mac?

Reaction score
greyS60 said:
I am going to give it a try. If I have Cyberduck, would that allow me to FTP this site from iWeb to another server other than .Mac?

As long as you have the info needed to connect with that server and the website was allocated the space by the host,then the answer is yes. :dive:

OP
G
Reaction score
One more question. Why is it that I get different results at different times? I had some trouble getting one of the buttons to work on the site last night, but I got it going. However, I was seeing something different at work using IE than my wife was at home using IE. What would be causing this?

It seems as though all the browsers will recognize the site fine, they just take different amounts of time to update it and they don't alwaysdo what I put in iWeb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.