iWork '06

Reaction score
Is it worth getting? I already have MS office 2004 / word, excel, powerpoint, etc.

Its only 49.99 for student version, but any benefits other than running faster?

S

sursuciofla

The only reason would be that it runs faster but I don't think with MS Office it would be so slow. Maybe someone on Intel can tell you yes or no but I would say that if you have Office it isn't really necessary to get iWork.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
Is it worth getting? I already have MS office 2004 / word, excel, powerpoint, etc.

Its only 49.99 for student version, but any benefits other than running faster?

The iLife suite is worth buying especially if you have the student discount/version just for the great apps that come with it.

If you can go into an AppleStore do it, just to check out each app in action.

One aspect of iLife '06 that interest me is the PodCast creating ability of GarageBand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Pulse-8 said:
The iLife suite is worth buying especially if you have the student discount/version just for the great apps that come with it.

If you can go into an AppleStore do it, just to check out each app in action.

One aspect of iLife '06 that interest me is the PodCast creating ability of GarageBand.

He is talking about iWork 06.

I have intel, and office is not really fast, its kinda slow actually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you already have MS Office, then I don't see any reason to get another office app suite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
D3v1L80Y said:
If you already have MS Office, then I don't see any reason to get another office app suite.

yeah, I just deleted the demo that came with my macbook (2 gigs worth of apps to make presentations?! not for me :p) I can install it again if I need to, but I have Office, and would rather use those 2 gigs for other things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have to agree, stick with Office. While Keynote is a solid program, I still don't feel like Pages is ready for prime time yet. Too many issues and limitations. Maybe in iWork 07 will finally see Pages become an adult. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.