Ram, I dont think 512 is enough

Reaction score
Heres a screen shot of my activity monitor and ram usage.

I just loaded neo office and garage band, and i only have around 20 mb of free ram. As soon as i add any tracks to garage band, ill run out of ram quick!!!

Any solutions besides buying new ram? I want to run neo office and gb at the same time.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
silverr said:
Any solutions besides buying new ram? I want to run neo office and gb at the same time.
You could lock tracks in GarageBand that you already have set, before you add new ones. That would free up some RAM so you can add the others and have it playback smoothly.
Still, if you are a heavy GarageBand user and want to run it alongside other apps, then I would recommend more RAM. 1 GB would suit you fine.

Reaction score
1GB should do, I put in 2gb since I have a lot of apps running and work with graphics. The most I ever saw as far as memory usage was 912MB.

Reaction score
silverr said:
Heres a screen shot of my activity monitor and ram usage.

I just loaded neo office and garage band, and i only have around 20 mb of free ram. As soon as i add any tracks to garage band, ill run out of ram quick!!!

I upgraded my ram to 1gb and recommend you do the same. The only thing for me is that I was talked into buying another 512 so my ram would be 'matched', but I wish I had just bought a gig 'cos it would have been much easier down the road when I can afford more ram.

~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.