time problems!

Cam

Reaction score
Just when you think you've got it sussed eh?! I've got xp and mac os working perfectly on my mac pro now, nearly no problems. In fact the main problem is barely a problem, but it is annoying. Somehow during the installation of windows the clock (by that I mean the little thing that tells the time in the bottom right of windows, I'm not interested in people talking about wierd interanl deep in the bowels of the computer clocks) has been set at the wrong time. It's and hour out. No problem I thinks, I'll change it and that'll be that. Unfortunately when I correct the windows clock, any changes I make are applied to the clock in mac osx, something I would have thought impossible. It's quite annoying, I've been late for work and I've missed lectures at uni because of it, so anyone with any ideas please help!

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I'd be curious as to this, too.

I know that Windows and OS X view the EFI's time differently, resulting in different times, but I've no idea how to fix it.

Maybe set it in XP, then set the Mac partition to "Update time from Apple's website" via System Preferences...

Reaction score
Cam said:
Just when you think you've got it sussed eh?! I've got xp and mac os working perfectly on my mac pro now, nearly no problems. In fact the main problem is barely a problem, but it is annoying. Somehow during the installation of windows the clock (by that I mean the little thing that tells the time in the bottom right of windows, I'm not interested in people talking about wierd interanl deep in the bowels of the computer clocks) has been set at the wrong time. It's and hour out. No problem I thinks, I'll change it and that'll be that. Unfortunately when I correct the windows clock, any changes I make are applied to the clock in mac osx, something I would have thought impossible. It's quite annoying, I've been late for work and I've missed lectures at uni because of it, so anyone with any ideas please help!

cheers

This sounds like a real pain for you! I found this on the Apple Discussion Forum:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=2084484

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Neat!

I can't try this until I get home, but it looks promising.

OP
C

Cam

Reaction score
No definate solution there, my last foray into registry files ended up with me getting the beaten out of me by my mate who owned the computer and the word documents that had just disapeared, so I'm not too keen to try it... Thanks for pointing me in the direction of an active (ish) forum on this though, least I can keep my eye on it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.