Menu Items

T

TeckniX

I've searched and couldn't find much on the subject -

Not that it's a big deal, but I was wondering if there was a way to 'organize' the menu items that are displayed on the menu bar. I am used to having them visually in a certain order, but after playing with some show/hide menu item settings they ended up being in a different order.

I thought that I could simply move them 'a la Gnome' but I guess not - I know that I can remove all of them and enable them in the sequence that I like, but it seems a bit of a hassle, when there's probably smarter/easier that can be done.

Anyone?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Hold down Command (Apple button) and move them around.

Dragging them off will "poof" them off the menu bar, too.

Reaction score
TeckniX said:
I've searched and couldn't find much on the subject -

Not that it's a big deal, but I was wondering if there was a way to 'organize' the menu items that are displayed on the menu bar. I am used to having them visually in a certain order, but after playing with some show/hide menu item settings they ended up being in a different order.

I thought that I could simply move them 'a la Gnome' but I guess not - I know that I can remove all of them and enable them in the sequence that I like, but it seems a bit of a hassle, when there's probably smarter/easier that can be done.

Anyone?
Thanks.

Or Command+drag'n'drop to the desktop if you want to remove an item.

OP
T

TeckniX

awesome - thanks a lot guys - I totally forgot about the command

d3v1L80y: obviously your keywords worked better than mine! haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.