Color malfunction (only 10 colors?)

D

dr_0mni

I've had my mac for almost a year now, and haven't had any major problems with it.

The other week I was changing the master password and exploring other security features. After I changed the password, I went on, and after a few window changes the screen changed and looks all washed out now.

i don't think it is a hardware problem because when I start the computer up the colors are fine for a second and then switch when the desktop loads up, and when it is on the user login screen the colors always remain okay.

I've tried repairing disk permissions. I've tried toying with the resolution settings. I've tried resetting the pram twice and it's done nothing.

any tips?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
delete com.apple.desktop.plist

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
its a pref file, it will be recreated but if there is something wrong with it it will fix your color issue.

OP
D

dr_0mni

yeah, that didn't work. I found com.apple.desktop.plist and put it in the trash, emtied the trash, restarted the computer, and nothing...

any other suggestions?

OP
D

dr_0mni

I figured it out.

For some reason the contrast in the Universal Access section of the preferences was turned all the way up.

?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.