recovery from the trash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
i put some items in my trash a while ago...i can not remember where they originated from, but now i find that i need them. Does it matter where they go? And if so, is there a way i can command the OS to put them back from where i took them in the first place? I beleive these files are for an application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
I do not think so
you have to put them back manually.
best thing is to reinstall the app.
never throw away anything from apps folder

F

Fomer

Like he said, its not a good idea to remove things from App, Home, Library, that you don't know what it is/its purpose.

Many files have many extentions.

If you are uninstalling an app and wanting to clear out it's other factors use command + f to find its attachments, only delete them if you are sure they are apart of the 3rd party app.

Example... Like if you download a Battery add-on you don't want to delete everything with the battery name! :)

i'd reinstall the application's that are effected by stuff you deleted.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
Fomer said:
If you are uninstalling an app and wanting to clear out it's other factors use command + f to find its attachments, only delete them if you are sure they are apart of the 3rd party app.

Can you explain how to find the attachments with Command+F? is it as simple as finding all things with the same name? Or is there more to know about finding the attachments to an application?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.