Iphoto problems

G

glenn

IPhoto is giving me major problems. It no longer shows any thumnails, meaning I have to search roll by roll, photo by photo to find anything.
Worse, when I open photos in Photoshop the image size and file size is now 3X5 at 72 dpi, at .1 MB instead of 17X22 at 72dpi and 3.5 MB.
It is not the camera settings.
I can find no way to get the thumbnails back, but can export the photos at a 1MB size.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try restarting iPhoto and hold down Command+option at startup.

Try repairing your library with one of the options there.

OP
G

glenn

My wife, closely comparing her older version with mine, finally noticed that on the bottom right of the screen is a sliding scale bar. Moving the pointer on this scale changes the size of the thumbnail, from tiny to huge...Mine had gotten moved to HUGE size, so I was getting thumbnails...each almost full screen size. Now I have adjusted it back.
Still can't figure out why the image file size has changed when I open pictures in Photoshop, e.g., though!

OP
G

glenn

I also found on another forum that the picture size issue is because I have been opening the images in Photoshop using the wrong files. I have been opening the "data" files, thinking they were the originals, however they are the thumbnail images. Strangley enough, the originals are in the "Original" folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I wouldn't mess around in the library folder much to be honest.

If you need a picture, just drag it from iPhoto to the desktop... iPhoto stores multiple versions of your images in the library (original, thumbnail & edited), so it's easy to get mixed up.

glenn said:
Strangley enough, the originals are in the "Original" folder.
Priceless quote :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.