Epson Photo R300 Driver Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hi guys I need your help yet again I have an epson R300 which i have installed using the Epson driver disk However Print CD will not work with Panther 10.3.9 I need the new drivers from Epson.

Well just download em ya fool i hear you say

Thats the problem i have and they have come down as epson19757eu.sit

aha a Stuffit file the only trouble is stuffit won't open the drivers I tried uninstalling Stuffit and reinstalling it no joy

However just one point (please bear in mind I have been a windows user for the last 15 years) but once i had unintsalled Stuffit the download kept the stuffit icon in windows it would go to a non-descript icon when the file was uninstalled. Does that not happen with MAC????....

Also how do i search for a file or folder on a MAC i like to know if i have stuffit installed somewhere else can anyone make any suggestion as to how i can open this file. Ive already tried changing the file extenstion and trying disk utility won't have it

Time for an update uninstalled stuffit again uninstalled printer then reinstalled printer then redownloaded Drivers and hey presto it worked this time

Which has give me one more question is there a program out there or a particular way to clean your hard drive of dross/tosh without doing a clean install.

As I'm still awaiting my offcial Tiger 10.4 DVD to be delivered and to tell the truth it will proabably be a few week before i feel confident enought to tackle a full clean install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
There is a widely quoted program called AppZapper which is supposed to do a lot of clean up for you. Here is the URL:

http://www.appzapper.com/

I have never used it so I cannot vouch for it.

OP
Towbar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Many thanks Mac57 downloaded it but it won't even run which tell me there more going of with this machine than meets the eye. I need to checkout how to do a full clean intsall the sooner the better

Rep left thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.