Windows 95 on a Mac

T

Tessar

Hey guys!

I've used Windows my entire life, but now I'm switching to Mac (my main motivation is the sexy font... yes... I'm shallower than the red sea after it was parted).

I'm getting a straight up 1.83 MacBook--no changes.

Now, I'm a big fan of old games--I have a 13 year old PC that I use to play them, and it's running Windows 95. A lot of the games will only run on 95 (or 98--I don't have 98, though ;)). The computer's getting a little... old. It has... trouble... read: it's in it's last days. Life support can't be maintained much longer :p.

Here's my question: How on earth do I get Windows 95 onto a Mac? The thing I have for installing it uses a floppy and a cd--plus I think 95 overrides any other OS you have on the computer, which I don't want to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
you can only run xp SP2 on your mac

or linux

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83ghz/1.5gb RAM/ Superdrive/ 1 TERAbyte of storage on firewire and a 22" Viewsonic LCD
surfwax95 said:
Buy Parallels.

Run Windows 95.

YEAH, I'd have to agree. Up to a point. Parallels isnt made for gaming, they tell you so on their site. The 3d is not going to be very good. You are welcome to try it but I'd say you're SOL. Sorry. You can try it. If you do though, I'd say max out the RAM on the notebook. Then allocate 1gb to 95.

Good luck.
J

OP
T

Tessar

Most of the games aren't 3D--we're talkin' Interplay's Lord of the Rings, Bard's Tale, some old DND text/graphics scrollers... that kind of thing. Maybe a little Zork, if I'm in the mood :p.

OP
T

Tessar

Bleh, the shuffles suck :p. Plus I love my Zen mp3 player, so it's not like I need a new one *huggles it*.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.