extended display

O

onehundred

While at work I log into Windows XP through Bootcamp on my Mac Book. I have an external monitor and would like to use the extended display mode but with my external monitor as the main display with desktop, tool bar, start menu, etc. So far I have been able to view the extended mode but wtih my Mac Book as the main display. Has anyone been able to make their monitor the main display??? If so, please help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
If you'd like to do it in Mac OS X, open System Preferences, click "Displays", click the "Arrangement" tab, then drag the virtual menu bar over to the main display.

For Windows XP questions, you may want to consult a Windows forum. ;)

Welcome to the Forums.

OP
O

onehundred

I have comapred the options and settings with a windows PC and they are different. The steps to achieve this in a Windows PC are not the same.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Microsoft.com said:
The difference is when using Dualview on a laptop, your primary display must always be the laptop's LCD screen, whereas with the multiple monitors feature, you can choose a primary monitor on which to log in and start your programs.

Microsoft Support document.

Sorry. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.