How to enlarge a photo image in OSX?

Reaction score
I download DVD image art (for Movies) from Anazon, but it seems the images are now smaller than before. How can I increase the size? They use to fit 640x480. Now they are 500x500.

I don't have any special software, so can iPhoto or Preview do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
try downloading the image again, or seeking a higher res image to begin with.
One of the golden rules of digital imaging is NEVER ENLARGE. You can do it, but it won't be as sharp, clear or detailed.

There are free apps around that adjust image sizes. GIMP should be able to do that, and is free - but I strongly suggest you find a better quality image to begin with. It's better to have excess detail and reduce the size if needed than to not have the detail in the first place and try to create it from nothing.

Reaction score
farmcock said:
I download DVD image art (for Movies) from Anazon, but it seems the images are now smaller than before. How can I increase the size? They use to fit 640x480. Now they are 500x500.

Import it into iPhoto then go to Share>Export. Then there's an option to resize and going by your original dimensions you shouldn't lose much resolution.

C

coloradobob

farmcock said:

Farm ... Try Image Tricks app. off the down loads site . There's a free version that is simple and will do just what you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.