iChat issues on one side

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
My father has an older power mac, I guess mine is actually considered older now...but I am running OSX 10.4.8 on a dual 2.3 GHz Power PC G5 along with 6.5 GB RAM.

When I first purchased this and we would video chat it ran great, the video and audio on both sides worked fine. There were times, when sending large emails or uploading to the internet that it would get pixelated and the voice garbled.

Now, he sees and hears me fine but on my end he is all garbled and pixelated all the time.

I used to have the isight hooked into the Cinema Display, however dicided that may be the problem and hooked it up to the PowerPC...

Any ideas? I have changed the settings from no limits on the video bandwidth to 2GB limit with no help. I have 5Mbps upload speed and 20Mbps download speed from my provider, which I check every once in a while and it is always the same so my bandwidth should not be an issue.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
When you are in a video chat with him go to Video -> Connection Doctor

What are the connection speeds for both you and your father?

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I will write them down next time, I looked at that briefly last time we attempted to use it however do not remember the speeds.

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well strange enough, it seems to be working now. My mom was online and we are connected fine with local framerae of 30 bitrate 465 kbps, hers 30 framerate and 262kbps.

Will re-post here if it comes up not working again.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.