Why does itunes damage itself so much?

Reaction score
Itunes LOVES to damage and corrupt itself. Why does it do this. This is one of the most annoying things that have ever happened to me in my life. I had a windows computer before I got my imac 20'' intel core duo, and even though itunes damaged itself countless time on that windows computer, it still does it on my mac. Is there a reason this is happening. Any way I can prevent it except for me backing up my library everyday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I've never had a problem with iTunes in the almost 7 years I have been using it.

What exactly is becoming corrupted or damaged with yours?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I had a problem after updating to 7.0(lot of peeps had) but in general it works fine.

OP
E
Reaction score
the library file damages itself..... it corrupts itself and I lose all my song data.. not the songs but all my playlists and stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
May be your preferences are corrupt. Remove 'com.apple.iTunes.plist +library files and try to rebuild the library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I've never had trouble with my iTunes library but I have also purchased all my songs and shows off of them. so guess i'm not working with any 3rd party items.

Reaction score
I had the same problem when I downloaded an episode of Always Sunny from itunes. You likely didn't lose your music though...just your library data file is corrupt (this means you probably will lose you playlists). Just go to users/username/music/itunes/itunesmusic (or where ever your music files are saved to) and you should have all your music files intact. Just select all and drag to itunes. It gave me this error msg. everytime I started itunes until I deleted the episode that was corrupt. Now it is fine. So maybe if you delete the last thing you downloaded you won't have anymore problems...good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.