Newspaper Publishing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
I was hanging out with a few friends and we all agreed that our local newspaper really sucks and we think we could do a better job.

Do you know of any publishing software for Mac that could get us started? I've seen that iWork Pages has some "newsletter" options, but we want something a little more...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
QuarkExpress and InDisign are are both great if you can afford.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yeah - both are great.

Dunno about inDesign, but I'm pretty sure Quark (at least it used to) require a separate copy for EACH COMPUTER. Maybe I misinterpreted the box, but it seemed that you had to buy a copy for each computer you intend to install on.

Maybe that doesn't apply anymore, especially since a new version has just been released. InDesign, being Adobe would be much more friendly with all sorts of files considering Adobe pretty much dominates pixel and vector apps. I kinda got sick of saving vector files as .eps files to put into Quark.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel 20"
Yeah, I work for a community newspaper and we have switched from Quark to InDesign and I like it much better

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.