Games on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White Macbook, 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB RAM
Hi, I'm new to the mac world and i just had a few questions about mac games. I have a new macbook 2.0 with 2 GB RAM, and i was just wondering if the system requirements for a game say PowerMac 1 GHz or greater, and AGP 3D Graphics Acceleration required (minimum of 32MB ATI Radeon or NVidia GeForce 2 series card.) Would these kinds of games work on the new macbook? Said game is Command and Conquer Generals.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
not sure for that specific game, but macbooks aren't great for some gaming.
An example I've previously given:
mac Halo demo ran fairly smoothly on my old 1ghz iBook (256 ram) - smooth enough for me to finish the demo.
same demo ran VERY poorly on my macbook with 1gig ram - even on lowest texture and graphical settings. Near constant slowdown.

Something about a shared graphics card I think. Others will be able to explain better. I'm limiting my macbook to simple gaming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually the reason the same demo ran worse on the newer macbook is because the demo is designed for PowerPC systems.

Your macbook is intel based, so the demo had to be translated with rosetta to run -> bad performance.

Try an Universal binary game demo, it should run fairly decently!

Original question:
C&C generals hasn't been converted for intel macs yet I think, so performance will probably not be great.

But if you use Bootcamp to install windows xp, the windows version should run pretty well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.