How do I open the CD tray?

Reaction score
I know it sounds daft but I've borrowed an imacG4 to try to help in a resue of my imac G4. However, the CD tray open key on my keyboard doesn't seem to work with the borrowed CD (came without it's own keyboard). Is there some way to get it to open? It doesn't have the little button inside like mine does.

Reaction score
Try holding down F12 for a few seconds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
or restart the computer and hold down the mouse button... that should do the trick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Yep the old holding the mouse button key down does the trick saved me from a Windows reboot, install fail, reboot, install fail cycle of doom :p

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks to each of you, that's worked. Anyone know why the 'normal' eject CD button isn't working, is this common?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
It should work...if the keyboard came with the iMac then they should both work like that, I would suggest a reinstall but I'm sure there is probably a much easier suggestion. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to suggest something, as I have not played around with booting the install DVD I am not sure what options there are..

Also try searching here, I did a few searches and there was some good info:
http://www.apple.com/uk/support/

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks a lot folks. Wish I could get some answers to my HD problems as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.