iPod & iTunes - From Windows to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey guys & girls...

Just a quick question regarding my iPod (20GB iPod with colour display).

It's currently hooked up to my Windows machine as I have almost 8GB of music and it seemed logical to store that on my Windows machine as that's got 2X250GB drives in.

Anyways...

When I get my iMac I will be moving my music to that (because Mac's rock! lol) so I was just wondering how I go about changing my iPod's format from Windows to Mac?

Regards,

Chris.

Reaction score
MrChris said:
Hey guys & girls...Just a quick question regarding my iPod (20GB iPod with colour display). It's currently hooked up to my Windows machine as I have almost 8GB of music and it seemed logical to store that on my Windows machine as that's got 2X250GB drives in. Anyways...When I get my iMac I will be moving my music to that (because Mac's rock! lol) so I was just wondering how I go about changing my iPod's format from Windows to Mac? Regards, Chris.

Not 100% sure but I think if your iPod is formatted for Windows then it can be used on both PC & Mac. :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i believe when you plug it in it will realize this and ask you to format. if not you can reformat via its cd's or disk utility.
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.