• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple to sell TV's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Most likely just another rumor.

They may release a larger monitor (think 40" with same resolution as 30"), but I doubt they will have tuners of any sort.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
That is an old rumor, the first time i heard about it was before they released the iPod HiFi. The 24" iMac is somehow a confirmation/different version of those rumors. Despites its efforts Microsoft has failed to invade the living room, while Apple achived this by "accident" with the mini and now with the help of Front Row.
They may not release "just a TV" but something similar i hope so.

edit: accident used as a loose term to sarcastically compare Apple's success with MS and it's Windows Media Center edition.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't believe that Apple invaded the living room by accident. If you have been following Apple for a long time you would know it was planned all along.

Reaction score
rman said:
I don't believe that Apple invaded the living room by accident. If you have been following Apple for a long time you would know it was planned all along.

That's right. With the advent of their tv/media centre they're moving towards home entertainment.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't think they entered the livingroom by accident... i think entering the car market with people putting mac minis in their car, I think that was an accident

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Sounds like a rumor to me, there are a lot that float around and have little basis.

N

NTL1991

Well know what, When Apple gets into a new market, they usually dominate it. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see an Apple LCD TV...

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i dont think they will make tv;s. i think they will make a bigger 'cinema' display for there pro market but i dont think they will make tv's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Looks like just another rumor. I personally prefer if they keep their focus on Computers.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would really like to see apple become a "pro" company... Obviously non-pros could buy their systems too, but it would be geared to pros. TVs for professional video editors, high end speakers for professionals in audio, etc, etc... Although I think they are more dropping the pros and going more for consumer market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
pro's end is nice. but the money is at the consumer end, when you sell 300 of consumer items and 2 of the pro's they gotta go where the money is at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
An iTV hooked up to an Apple TV running stuff over an airport connection from your iMac while streaming music off your iPod that you downloaded off iTunes... that would be kind of cool. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
who knows, but all i know is seeing how some people are using the big HD Apple Displays for TV's now....anythings possible!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
That's right. With the advent of their tv/media centre they're moving towards home entertainment.

And how many companies have tried that route in the past? People just want to watch TV or play on a console in their front rooms. Sitting down and concentrating on computer related activities are for anywhere except where people lounge about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.