Almost time to make the purchase yey!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Great news :yinyang:

I have sold my iBook so the funds from that can be adder to my iMac money pot :). All being well I should be ordering my lovley new iMac by the end of next week :mac:

I'm going to purchase Apple care with my iMac I think but I was just wondering what exactly does apple care cover against? I have read through the T&C but am a little baffled lol. And how would Apple fix my iMac if it was ever to go wrong (god forbid mind!)

Regards,

Chris.

Reaction score
AppleCare will cover any problems not related to abuse or misuse. If there is any sort of defect or problem that occurs thru normal everyday use, Applecare should cover it.

I've bought it for every mac I've owned, and I must say that I have been very pleased.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Cool, so its a worth while buy then?

I just figured that if im spending almost £1000 on a mac then whats an extra £56 for apple care to protect my investment?

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I think its a really good buy, it saved me over $3,000. I had a problem with a Powerbook and Apple had no idea what it was or how to fix it and it took 5 repairs before they replaced my computer. I spent $250 for AppleCare and got all of that out of it. I say, if you can afford it, get it and hopefully you never need it.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
PunkRockTuba said:
I think its a really good buy, it saved me over $3,000. I had a problem with a Powerbook and Apple had no idea what it was or how to fix it and it took 5 repairs before they replaced my computer. I spent $250 for AppleCare and got all of that out of it. I say, if you can afford it, get it and hopefully you never need it.

Yeah, good call.

It's sorted then. AppleCare it is!

Regards,

Chris.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
I bought Applecare with my iMac Intel purchase. Although I haven't had problems yet (knock on wood). But you have the right mindset and most Mac purchasers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Ive always had something against extended warranties but the Apple Care one seems surprisingly good value (3 years..) so yeah go for it.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Can you buy Applecare within a year of buying the Mac?

If so I may do this, also I have just found this on the Apple HE student site:

appleHE.jpg

What do you guys make of this?

Regards,

Chris.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.