PS2 controller adapter... what now??

Jem

Reaction score
I've had a USB to Playstation 2 converter kicking around since my PC days, no drivers for it mind you and no details of the manufacturer on the box, so something generic and cheap I guess.

I've plugged it into the iMac and it seems to be there on the system profiler as a "PS Force Feedback Converter" (from memory here, hope I haven't got that wrong!).

The question is, what do I do now?? There's no configuration program that I know of, I've tried a couple of games and had some weird interaction with defining keys in one of them where it seems like pressing buttons on the pad is being recognised... the only problem is, NOT pressing buttons also seemed to result in some input being captured.

I've done a bit of a search and can't find anything on OS X drivers or setup utilities. Does anyone use one of these and have any idea of what I should be trying to do with it?

OP
J

Jem

Reaction score
Nice one Aptmunich! Looks like the controller is being detected properly. I'll have a play and see if I can get it working with any games. Seems to be a few axis short of a dual-shock controller but maybe there's a good reason for it I've not found yet. I'll keep playing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.