I have yet to find an answer : SCREEN JITTER!

D

DavidAdametz

First off, this has never happened before with my Powerbook, other than tonight, and my warranty is close to finished, so I would like to see if I can solve it at home or speed it down to my Apple Genius Bar..

So basically when I start my PowerBook G4, after about a minute or so, the screen starts to jitter. To describe it, there are small, horizontal lines that start forming on the screen that manipulate and distort the pixels. A few minutes after that, it gets worse, where the distortion starts to stretch down my screen until I can't read anything anymore, and I'm too afraid to let it continue, so I shut down.

I don't toss my Mac around, so it can't be that. The only thing I can really guess is causing this, is that I had plugged in a USB Signal item for my wireless mouse that very night. When the jittering began, I turned off, unplugged the wireless mouse, and moved it away.

Could this have caused some magnetic reaction to my monitor?
Is there an internal hardware malfunction?

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
i would go through the basic repair steps before taking it to the genius bar.
just keep going down the list until something works....

1. repair disk permissions
2. reset PRAM
3. reset PMU
4. re-install OSX

you should be able to do a quick search on these forums and find simple instructions for all of these. Good Luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i'd go straight to the apple store with that one considering you are running out of warantee time
-chris

OP
M

maclover21

Hey! I have the same problem right now and it's driving me crazy. Did you get it fixed? Unfortunately, i'm not under apple care and I only hope I can fix it somehow myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.