G4 Imac

W

weeshen

Hello everybody, I'm a newby to this forum and have a FAQ that I have searched the web and this forum for for hours. I have spent a rediculous amount of time on this thing and I know someone has to have an answer for me.

So the problem...

My IMAC with OS9 is giving me the oh so dreaded flashing ? and my problem is very simple...i have reset everything as i have read in many forums including this one and still nothing. I have all my disks but can NOT boot from any of them. The cd-rom seems to be running fine not making any weird noises of any sort but still does nothing at all. I AM pressing 'c' button as it boots and still i get the flashing ? Please let me know if anybody has any suggestions.

By the way, i don't have ANY friends or anyone that has external cd/dvd roms or a mac so I can't do any of that stuff.

Reaction score
weeshen said:
Hello everybody, I'm a newby to this forum and have a FAQ that I have searched the web and this forum for for hours. I have spent a rediculous amount of time on this thing and I know someone has to have an answer for me.

So the problem...

My IMAC with OS9 is giving me the oh so dreaded flashing ? and my problem is very simple...i have reset everything as i have read in many forums including this one and still nothing. I have all my disks but can NOT boot from any of them. The cd-rom seems to be running fine not making any weird noises of any sort but still does nothing at all. I AM pressing 'c' button as it boots and still i get the flashing ? Please let me know if anybody has any suggestions.

By the way, i don't have ANY friends or anyone that has external cd/dvd roms or a mac so I can't do any of that stuff.

I searched around and found this write-up:

http://www.lowendmac.com/macdan/02/0916ek.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.