• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

what is educational discount % ??

H

hothummer

Anyone know what the teacher discount % is in Canada for a macbook pro? Trying to see which is the cheapest way to go - refurb, refresh or new with teacher discount..

thanks

OP
S

sursuciofla

Not really a percentage. They take off $100, I think $50 on the Mac Mini. Roughly 10%. Used to be like 15 percent. I got $200 off my ibook. Prices have dropped by $100 too so it all balances out I assume.

EDIT: It is $20 on Mac Mini

Doing calculations it is not a set percentage. I got 3% on Mac Mini...A little less than 8% for MacBooks...so if trend continues it is a graduated discount. Even low end Macbook's dicount was less than the other two 2.0ghz Macbooks.

OP
S

sursuciofla

Oops, didn't read it correctly but teacher is same as student I believe...Just put in your school on the Apple website Canada and you should see the discounted prices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.