Got my new black Macbook, oh boy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 1,1 + IMAC G5
On a recent trip to Vegas, instead of wasting money in bars or gambling it away I picked up my new black Macbook and I love it. Plus I got to pay less tax in Nevada vesus in TN.
The other night I went to a local coffee shop with it and my laptop was super popular there.

Black is back.

:)

H

S

sursuciofla

Woohoo...Congrats!!! People with any Mac usually get extra stares and attention. It is a perk you get when you purchase, :black:! The blackbooks are pretty sweet though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Well I don't think there is anything "special" about owning a mac anymore, since you seem them more and more. Really nothing to brag about if you ask me.

T

todd51

Well I don't think there is anything "special" about owning a mac anymore, since you seem them more and more. Really nothing to brag about if you ask me.

That is very true, I see MBPs and regular Macbooks everywhere in the campus library at night. I thought I'd be one of the few ones there, but I was wrong!

S

sursuciofla

That's the Intel buzz. I guess I am living in the G4 days. Didn't see too many ibooks and PBs around. But remember, in the real world you will not see soo many. I don't go out and see Mac laptops at every coffee shop and Wi-Fi bar. In the school setting Macs are very popular and Apple gears a lot of their products towards the academic market meaning students and educators. So I would have to say it is the setting that you are in that gives you the impression that you have. I live in it so I know.

Reaction score
Apfel said:
On a recent trip to Vegas, instead of wasting money in bars or gambling it away I picked up my new black Macbook and I love it. Plus I got to pay less tax in Nevada vesus in TN.
The other night I went to a local coffee shop with it and my laptop was super popular there.

Black is back.

:)

H

I think the black MacBook, iPod and the new Nano look the business. I decided on a black video iPod because so many people had the white ones. It seems weird now but to own something Apple in black makes you different.

By the way if you had searched similar threads you'd know pictures are almost requisite for these type of posts. :)

OP
Apfel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlueBacchus said:

It was actually all the folks with "older white sheep" mac ones giving a lot of attention to the only "black sheep" in the room. :)

H

Reaction score
Any pics of the newborn? I love baby pics. You better take 'em now, they grow up so fast! :)

OP
Apfel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ripfrankwhite said:
Any pics of the newborn? I love baby pics. You better take 'em now, they grow up so fast! :)

There she is in all her pride with a still clean desktop. :)

H

4gjanmd.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Looks really nice. I wish I also could buy one of those :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
Now what will turn heads is a an apple laptop, but running windows. Will confuse the out of everybody haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 13 in. MacBook, 2 GHz CPU, 2G RAM, 100GB HD
new to the forums, new to macs, but i've got one of these same macbooks on its way into my hands right now.
rock-in-the-box :black:

18th birthday for the win!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.