Hello all and a question?

Reaction score
Hello all, I have had my Mac for 2 years now and just started finding out how to use that puppy. But I just found out that you can add ram to her? I read somewhere that if you have a labtop you couldn't. So I found out what kind of ram to use and am thinking about just adding a 5er instead of a full gb. Now I have a 5er now so does that mean that I have two 2ers or just one 5er with an open spot for more ram? Also I read somewhere its under the battery is there a way to input the ram chips without taking the case off?

I am sorry and know I will be reemed for asking these simple (to you but not me) questions. I have a few more questions too but will wait to see how bad I get killed for this one...lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What model PowerBook do you have? Processor speed, model number, screen size... something to let us know which one it is so we can let you know what RAM to get.
PowerBooks are really simple to install more RAM into, so once we know what model you have, we can let you know how to do it as well.

OP
P
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
What model PowerBook do you have? Processor speed, model number, screen size... something to let us know which one it is so we can let you know what RAM to get.
PowerBooks are really simple to install more RAM into, so once we know what model you have, we can let you know how to do it as well.

Well thank you so much for the reply and help. I do have to say I am sorry, very sorry. I am all wrong on this I have a iBook G4 with a 1.2GHz PowerPC G4, 512 MD DDR Sdram. Also I did so reading (more) and found the best web site ever, and it shows me step by step on what to do. Then I found out that there is only one slot for ram, and I already have 512 so the 1GB would be next. I don't know if I can get a larger HD or maybe a DVD+CD burner (but think it would have to be outside). The other question I really wanted to ask is hot do you guys cool you're labtop? But I thank you for your time and quick reply. I will go post on the right forum and quit wasting your time and help people that will need it for thier MacBook and Powerbooks...lol

OP
P
Reaction score
Sorry but I just read where your from....I grew up in Gettysburg PA but live in Pittsburgh for now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is your iBook the 12" or 14" screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
ibooks dont come in 17" :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.