Speakers for iMac

Reaction score
I used to have a pc but now I have an 24" Apple iMac and I have been left with my Logitech THX 5:1 Speakers. Is thre any way of getting these to work on my Apple iMac? maybe a connector or something that I can just plug into my iMac and can also plug the other end onto my speakers.

Any help is appreciated, Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am almost positive macs have the same audio inputs as PCs. I am pretty sure you shouldn't have a problem.

I am running Harmon/Kardon speakers that came with a Dell on my iMac no problem.

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
I use JBL creature II speakers. They will connect up to the Mac no problems.
Unless you want to use the full 5.1 functionality of the speakers, in which case I am not sure how you would do so.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Which Logitech's are they? Some of the Logitech speakers have a Digital in. If so, the speaker jack on an iMac G5 or Intel iMac is both Analog and SPDIF Digital. If your speakers have that digital in, you get a cable and plug them in and you will get 5.1 Digital.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac
Which Logitech 5.1 speakers? I had the Z-5300e's and I sold them because I needed some kind of USB soundcard to connect between the iMac and the speakers as they only have the 3 connector sub/center front rear connectors. If your speakers have a digital input you might be able to connect them to the iMac. I'm using the Creative i-Trigue 3400s now that I picked up for about $50 new at Futureshop. They were $82 off, so it was a pretty good deal. I don't need the 5.1 speakers for the iMac as I run the digital audio out to my home theatre when I watch movies (which I send to my TV as well). The creative speakers are just for music.

You may want to check out the Griffin Firewave if you only have analog inputs on the Logitech speakers.

H

Hockensmith

Logitech speakers

Plug the green wire from the speakers into the headphone input on the iMac. I have the same speakers, they sound great.

Billy-B0b said:
I used to have a pc but now I have an 24" Apple iMac and I have been left with my Logitech THX 5:1 Speakers. Is thre any way of getting these to work on my Apple iMac? maybe a connector or something that I can just plug into my iMac and can also plug the other end onto my speakers.

Any help is appreciated, Adam

Reaction score
BTW, the headphone jack accomplishes SPDIF via optical TOSLINK, so you will need a mini toslink adaptor to go this route.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.