Install Hard Drive

S

sjktjohnson

OK I wrote in yesturday about the HDD. I have put another Hard Drive in my Power Mac G3. And I am still getting the same thing. A picture of a disk with the question mark in the middle. Any ideas as to what I need to do next. I am at a lose right now for I don't know much about Macs. Do I need to mount the Drive some how. I do know I need to format it because it was in a windows machine prior to this but I can not even get to the drive. HELP

sjktjohnson

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
You'll need Disk Utility, in Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility. Select the drive then pick the 'Erase' tab.

OP
S

sjktjohnson

Disk Utilities

The computer has no OS and it is the only mac I have the rest of the computer are PC's. Can I download the utilities on a PC and use them on the make?

sjktjohnson

Reaction score
You need a Mac OS CD or a bootable hard drive with the OS on it. There is no other way around it.

Was the PowerMac functioning before the drive install? What did you do with the drive that formerly was booting the machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.