10.4.8 problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Since I updated to 10.4.8 about 6 times since I have pulled my Macbook out of a closed sleep mode, I log in and then after about 20 seconds I am greeted with a Prompt to Restart. I dont have a picture of the screen, but its a medium sized blackish screen with the prompt in about 5 or 6 different languages. It also has a large Power button emblem in the background. This has not happened until after I updated to 10.4.8. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
repair permissions, I had this problem with final cut, it appears you are having it with osx. Repair permissions and see if that fixes anything... It should.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It sounds like to me you are get kernel panics. Once you get the system up and running. I would down load the Mac OS X 10.4.8 Combo Update (Intel). Then repair permissions like PowerBookG4 suggested and then re-install the 10.4.8 using the combo updater, and then repair permissions again.

L

luckynyk

PowerBookG4 said:
repair permissions, I had this problem with final cut, it appears you are having it with osx. Repair permissions and see if that fixes anything... It should.

Actually i'm having the same problem, I repaired permissions using the disk utitily on the startup disk but no positive results regarding the issue although it did seem to fix some errors.

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will try your advice

this morning, within the past hour, i was greeted with 3 of these prompts, and on the 3rd time all of my system preferences were reset. my dock was reset. all my expose features reset, dashboard. etc.

im really getting annoyed

OP
NikBhat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Repairing permissions alone did not fix the problem, I am downloading the combo update right now. hopefully this will help.

If not, what do you guys suggest?

Reaction score
i'm having so many problems with the 10.4.8 update.. i wiped the system and now i'm back to 10.4.5 - i'm not sure which update to use for 10.4.7 - intel (combo) or just regular intel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.