Mac networking

CSA

Reaction score
I networked my mac to my PC.
Now I just want to know how I share the printer with my PC, (all is done on the PC side (i have allowed printer sharing)
I got no idea what to do on the mac.

Anyone help me out??

cheers

T

Tigermac

When you want to print, select File > Page set up and the networked printer should show. Click Print and it should work.
Col

Reaction score
CSA said:
I networked my mac to my PC. Now I just want to know how I share the printer with my PC, (all is done on the PC side (i have allowed printer sharing) I got no idea what to do on the mac. Anyone help me out?? cheers

G'day CSA, I have the same network setup but could only successfully print from my PC to the printer when it was attached to my iMac and not the other way around! I found some info which might help you some:

http://members.cox.net/18james/osx_printer_sharing.html

C

chasincharpchui

i have 2 laptops
1 pc and 1 macbook conneced to same network wirelessly

how do i get the them to use same ip everytime

as ive forwarded different ports for different ip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
n dhcp instead of having it say obtain address automatically, set it statically to waht you want.

C

chasincharpchui

mdavis71 said:
n dhcp instead of having it say obtain address automatically, set it statically to waht you want.

wats secondary dns?

and do i keep all the settings the same

and juss switch it over to manual

and fill in the blanks for static ip address and mac address?

C

chasincharpchui

how do i know if someone has figured out my password to my wireless internet
and is using my internet?

H

Hulk_SMASH

not that I know of. If you're that concerned, just frequently change your passwords.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.