CAPSLOCK and Quicken

S

supenguin

I messed with my ibook a little more last night. Got a couple more questions...

1. I found a folder in the applications folder labelled Quicken 2003 for Mac. Is this the full version? Did it come with Jaguar or Panther or something?

2. capSLOCK key - I'm actually switching from Linux and always had cAPSlock remapped as another control key because I'm always accidentally hitting it, and hardly ever use it. Is there any way to do something like this on Mac? Ideally I'd like Fn + CAPSLOCK to do capslock, and just capslock by itself to either do nothing or be control key.

3. In Linux, highlighting something copies it into your clipboard and middle-click pastes whatever is in the clipboard. I've got so used to this! I have a logitech trackball with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel that functions as a middle button when clicked. Is there a way to set up OS/X to behave like Linux?

One more little thing - I think I'm going to have to buy another Mac in the near future. The entire time I was working on it last night, my wife kept asking when her turn was! Anyone want to buy a couple PC's

OP
J

JGO

supenguin said:
3. In Linux, highlighting something copies it into your clipboard and middle-click pastes whatever is in the clipboard. I've got so used to this! I have a logitech trackball with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel that functions as a middle button when clicked. Is there a way to set up OS/X to behave like Linux?

Whats up supenguin? It is funny you should mention this, last night I was having a heck of a time with copy/paste after having used Linux and XP since 97. I don't know an answer, however I found some interesting things last night. I have the single button mouse ... I found out real quick that apple key and c or v works just like windows. Also at the top of the screen on the menu bar they always have an option for it. Also on the single button mouse if you click and hold then let go, it brings up the "alternate" click context menu that has copy/paste as well.

If you figure out a way to get it working like Linux let me know, I will have to go out and buy a three button mouse.

You know one other thing that I can't get used to, is when you close the window with the x icon, but the program is still running. LOL ;)

I think being a Linux user however has helped me in my Mac experience, a lot carried over from BSD.

OP
S

supenguin

I highly recommend getting a 3 button mouse with a scroll wheel whether or not copy/paste works. I didn't have to configure anything to get right click and the scroll wheel working. I just plugged it into the USB port and it works!

One more thing - I installed the software that came with the trackball. The software lets you configure what all the buttons and multimedia keys on Logitech keyboards do. Well, the only options I have available are configure what the left button, right button, and wheel do. Pretty worthless unless you have a mouse with all the extra buttons. Oops, I'm rambling again. The question is - how do I uninstall this software? It installed another conrtol panel in the system preferences and a new kernel module.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.