Largest and Fastest HDD upgrade available?

Reaction score
what is the largest and fastest HDD around for the new intel macbook 13"? I would like to get a 160gb 7200rpm drive if one exists. I cant imagine that they have larger than 160 gb for our comps. Also how do i know if im buying the right one? Is it any 2.5 SATA drive work? Is http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Hitachi/0A28844/ the fastest and largest around right now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
apg96 said:
what is the largest and fastest HDD around for the new intel macbook 13"? I would like to get a 160gb 7200rpm drive if one exists. I cant imagine that they have larger than 160 gb for our comps. Also how do i know if im buying the right one? Is it any 2.5 SATA drive work? Is http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Hitachi/0A28844/ the fastest and largest around right now?
If you upgarde your HDD, don't you have install the Mac OS X again? Do you have to buy the CD, and is it the same as installing a Windows OS? I need more HDD space than 37.5 (60gb after installing the programs)

OP
A
Reaction score
gblader said:
If you upgarde your HDD, don't you have install the Mac OS X again? Do you have to buy the CD, and is it the same as installing a Windows OS? I need more HDD space than 37.5 (60gb after installing the programs)
yes you would. or you can have someone do all that for u.

Reaction score
I use Ghost or Acronis do this type of cloning in Windows.

I have bought DriveGenius to do the same thing for my OS X drive - I hope. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
It'll run relatively slowly on the core duo, but you can upgrade your Hard drive using Carbon Copy Cloner. That's what I used to upgrade my powerbook's hard drive to 120 gb, you won't have to reinstall the OS.

As for the type of hard drive you'd need, a SATA drives work fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Largest - 160gb 5400rpm
Fastest - 100gb 7200rpm

If you need storage space, get the 160. If you need speed, get the 100.

OP
A
Reaction score
slyseeker said:
It'll run relatively slowly on the core duo, but you can upgrade your Hard drive using Carbon Copy Cloner. That's what I used to upgrade my powerbook's hard drive to 120 gb, you won't have to reinstall the OS.

As for the type of hard drive you'd need, a SATA drives work fine.

what will run slow the drive or just the program?

OP
A
Reaction score
well, im not too concerned about speed, I would like to have both, but right now the speed of my HDD isnt too bad and i need that space. Im not sure i wanna just get 40 more Gigs and then need to do this again. It just doesnt make sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.