How do I change an icon back to default?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, 100GB HDD, AirBase Express =)
If i changed my harddrive icon to something I got from IconFactory, how can I get it back to the default harddrive icon?

I LOVE ye new MACBOOK, BTW. First time owning a mac, takes some getting used to! =)

Reaction score
I believe if you ctrl+click the icon and then select get info, there will be a place where you can drag you custom icon out of the window, thus restoring the default.

S

sursuciofla

Yeah click on icon, then hit Command(Apple)+I, then click on icon picture and press Delete...It will go back to factory symbol.

OP
wax32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AHH! Cool thanks. =)

OP
wax32
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, haven't downloaded it. Seems easy enough to manually fool with the icons. So far I have downloaded Transit and I am also fooling around with the trial version of Freeway4 Pro. I only have so much time to monkey with my new macbook in a day. =) I only got this thing last week!

Reaction score
I tried to change my new icons to the original one but it doesn't work when I do "Get info" + "Delete" If changed my icons without using Candybar or Liteicon. Would I still be able to revert it back the original icons if I use Candybar to restore them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Are you doing it correctly?
Its "Get info" on the file, clicking the icon in the top left, then hitting the delete key.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - iPhone 5
I had been wondering this too! "Dragging" doesn't work for me, but "deleting" definitely does. Thank you, thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
are you using candy bar?

its bad not to use candy bar.

You can probably find several threads describing problems with Candy Bar. It might be user error, but that seems to be so common that I suspect a flaw in the software, at least in terms of ease of use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.