x.4.8 cursor problems

D

danath86

I just installed the latest update and i now have a 2cm box surronding that hovers around my cursor and i cant remove it has anybody got any ideas? :ninja: thanks in advance :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Create a new user and log in as that user. See if the problem follows. If not it's probably a preference file. Most likely something like Finder or Universal Access.

OP
B

bradyusi

having same problem.. made new user and problem did not follow.. have looked through almost every setting.. anyone else having this problem?

brady

Reaction score
bradyusi said:
having same problem.. made new user and problem did not follow.. have looked through almost every setting.. anyone else having this problem?

brady

I'm wondering if it's not easier just to move to the new user account rather than trying to remove a 'spook' from the system. There seems to be a lot of threads which are asking the same basic question....I just updated to 10.4.8 and all of a sudden this or that is behaving strangely....maybe a coincidence but the new user acct may be the simple solution unless anyone knows the fix for Brady's issue....IMO

OP
D

danath86

set up another account drop all my files in the shared folder and start from scratch or is there a quicker way to port all my files?

Reaction score
danath86 said:
set up another account drop all my files in the shared folder and start from scratch or is there a quicker way to port all my files?

When you have your other acct all set to go, just go to Sys Prefs>Accounts, then highlight the old acct and if the padlock is locked you need to enter your username and password, when the padlock opens, click on the - at the bottom of the left pane. This will delete the account but not before asking you if you want to save the contents of the account. Choose yes and these files will be saved to a special folder in Users.

Reaction score
Before you do that, check in Universal Access and make sure VoiceOver is off.

OP
D

danath86

iv checked universal access and its all switched off, is there any other way of moving my files to annother account iv tryed the method suggested above and it tells me that iv got no space to copy it i have very little hd space left anyway any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Try deleting these files in /Users/username/Library/Preferences

com.apple.desktop.plist
com.apple.finder.plist

Reaction score
danath86 said:
iv checked universal access and its all switched off, is there any other way of moving my files to annother account iv tryed the method suggested above and it tells me that iv got no space to copy it i have very little hd space left anyway any ideas?

When you try to delete your former account are you doing this from the newly created account?

OP
D

danath86

Yes i am, its messy iv shuffled some files over and the problem has gone but i need a clean transfer

OP
D

danath86

MacsWork said:
Try deleting these files in /Users/username/Library/Preferences

com.apple.desktop.plist
com.apple.finder.plist

i havent been able to find this root folder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.